Nespresso Machines - J S's Review
Posted: April 20, 2010, 10:39am
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 37 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 8.02 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 491,363 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50
Gene B 8.28
McKenna Ross 8.14
J R 8.00
Andy B 7.20

Product Reviewed: D150
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 7
Where Bought: Nespresso Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Nespresso no longer supports this machine, so there is no way to obtain repair tools or other replacement parts -- makes me question the longevity of their other products.

Very simple to use.  Respectable quality espresso.

Nespresso doesn't support this model anymore.  It has moved away from this design and therefore does not manufacture compatible repair tools.  If you lose your repair tools, you're out of luck.  The capsules are somewhat expensive (and don't forget the cost of shipping!).  The capsules generate non-compostable waste.

I was thrilled with this machine for several years.  While not top of the line quality, it consistently produced tasty espresso that I would rate a respectable 7 or 8 on a 10-point scale.  However, several months ago, the quality began to drop.  The espresso flavor became inconsistent, there was noticeably less crema, etc.  I realized it had been a while since I completely cleaned and descaled the machine.  But then I realized I must have misplaced the tools to dissassemble the machine.  I called Nespresso and was told they no longer made those tools and all they could offer me was a small discount on a new machine.

This experience was completely the opposite of what I expected from Nespresso.  Reviewers have frequently spoken highly of their customer service.  I believed that buying a Nespresso machine meant I was buying a machine that would last me for many, many years, and that if anything ever went wrong with it, they would fix it.  Apparently this is not the case.

While I like the simple, time-saving Nespresso system, I would be hesitant to buy from them again.  If on top of the cost of the capsules, I have to buy a new machine every few years, the cost (and the waste!) makes me think twice.

Purchasing experience was fine -- shipped the machine on time, and have always shipped the capsules in a timely manner.  I just wish they would continue to support their older machines.

Posted: April 20, 2010, 10:39am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191729068756)