Nespresso Machines - Eric Nager's Review
Posted: July 7, 2004, 9:14pm
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 36 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 476,115 times (updated hourly).

Jim Trascap 9.33
Peter Chenoweth 8.50
Gene B 8.28
McKenna Ross 8.14
J R 8.00

Product Reviewed: C190
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 8
Where Bought: Williams Sonoma Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: An eye catching, easy to use machine, with quality espresso as the norm.

Easy to Use, clean up is a breeze, good variety of products

Coffee capsules are pricy, and not available in stores, milk frother gets clogged easily, capsules sometimes don't eject properly

When I first saw this machine, I was thoroughally impressed.  The one item that sold me on this machine was its ease of use.  The operation is a breeze thanks to the prepackaged coffee capsules.  No mess to clean up, and a properly measured dose of coffee each time.  I first bought it for my mom because of its simplicity, then got my own.  The quality of the espresso that comes out is excellent, and seems to be consistently hot.  I have had a number of problems with the milk frothing element however.  I clean it each time after I use it, but the steamer occasionally boils the milk instead of frothing it.  I called Nespresso about this, but they were unable to help me.  I found that operating the frother element with water helps to clean out the element.  This seems to be an excessive step, however.  The machine itself is beautiful, and gets positive comments on a regular basis.  The body construction seems solid.  The only other negative comment I have, is that the ejector doesn't always remove the coffee capsules.  Again, Nespresso was unable to help me with this issue.  Coffee capsules must be purchased through Nespresso, and while costly at around 50 cents a capsule, the delivery time is short.

Williams Sonoma did a great job of explaining the piece.  I had no problems.

After contacting Nespresso on multiple occasions about the malfunctioning ejectore, they admitted that this was found to be a faulty part.  They promplty mailed me out a replacement part, which was easy to install, and fixed the problem.  The machine has worked well in all other regards, and continues to make great coffee.

The machine is still working like a charm  The coffee is as good as ever, and there have been no further problems with this device.  Overall, we have been very happy with this unit.

Posted: July 7, 2004, 9:14pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197005033493)