Nespresso Machines - Grim Xx's Review
Posted: December 19, 2004, 7:27pm
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 37 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 8.02 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 480,786 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50

Product Reviewed: D290
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 9
Where Bought: Chef Central Aesthetics 7
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Classic
Bottom Line: This is a great machine for the espresso and coffee lover that doesn't have time for breakfast or anything else.  It's faster than ordering one at a coffee shop.

I think there are only two reasons to give the Nespresso machines a look, those are ease of use and the sheer speed of getting coffee into your hands.

Vendor lock-in and the ordering coffee via mail.

I was very worried about this machine.  My fiance saw a demo and just loved it.  I, on the other hand, love the coffee ritual of grinding, measuring, tamping, etc.  She refuses to even attempt to make a cup with the gear I have, it's too complicated she says, and she's right, it is.  So Starbucks makes a fortune off of her.  So, I decided to give it a go and get a demo.  Tried a few varieties and was actually pretty surprised, it's not bad, it's not espresso nirvana by any means, but have you ever seen how quick and easy these things are?

So we ended up buying one a month ago, and after a few sleeves of coffee through it, I like it alot.  I use this machine two to three times a day.  Actually, more in the one month of owning it than I think the Gaggia received in a year.  Is it the best on the block?  Nah, it's got it's downsides, but it's damn good given the convenience.  I think this is a great 'second machine' to have around, I know that's an expensive proposition, but at least go get a demo.

I'll follow up with a very detailed review at the 3 month mark.

I had a 20% off coupon to a local high-end cooking store, so having a chance to get the top model nespresso machine at a discount sealed the deal for me.

Posted: December 19, 2004, 7:27pm
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191760063171)