Nespresso Machines - Chris Whatley's Review
Posted: May 29, 2010, 10:52pm
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 37 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 8.02 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 481,841 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50

Product Reviewed: D290
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 6
Where Bought: Williams-Sonoma Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Get a real machine. The results from this machine get boring fast because of the limited coffee choices!

Easy to make OK espresso. Very good steam wand for making frothy milk.

Limited coffee pod selection - easy to get bored.

I had this and liked it for quite some time until I became completely bored with the coffees offered by nespresso.

My main complaint is actually about the coffee and since the machine and coffee are a total package, I think it is relevant here. The crema on the coffee from this machine had a very soapy and artificial nature to it. It is almost like there is an artificial foaming agent in the pod that makes this very consistent crema result. I didn't find the crema of the espresso made by this machine to ever be particularly good in flavor.

The steaming/frothing wand is actually quite excellent. It is the one part of the machine that is actually quite easy to maintain and keep clean.

I have a special area for overly complex and poorly thought-through appliance purchases and this one is going in there.

I also had one of these break on me. Nespresso seemed unsurprised and had a very well-managed replacement process that had me on a new machine very quickly.

Williams Sonoma is always quite good.

Posted: May 29, 2010, 10:52pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192585945129)