Nespresso Machines - Tom Van de Ven's Review
Posted: August 28, 2007, 12:38am
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 36 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 468,587 times (updated hourly).

Jim Trascap 9.33
Peter Chenoweth 8.50
Gene B 8.28
McKenna Ross 8.14
J R 8.00

Product Reviewed: Alessi Coban 04
Manufacturer: Alessi Quality: 8
Where Bought: 2nd hand Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Great looking, combined grinder&espresso machine for making a good espresso and great cappucino's!

Great Looks
Quickly on temperature
Integrated grinder saves space
Good steamer.

A bit messy with the grinder
The grate under the piston for collecting drippings is a not stable

The looks of the machine are great. As an Alessi fan it is definitely a must have. Besides the looks it makes a great espresso.
The grinder that is combined in this machine is realy ease to use and saves a lot of space. Also no extra cables needed for grinder and machine. Very handy combination. Of course you may doubt the quality of the grinder but for now and for this machine I think it is a good combination. When grinding the coffee in your piston it does however get a bit messy on the machine. But nothing a swipe with wet cloth can't handle :)
The steamer is very good. In no time and with almost no practice I'm making the best cappucinos ever.
The grate that is above a reservoir for collecting drippings and stuff is not rock solid on the reservoir. This could be improved by a better ridge or something.
Overall: I love to make a nice espresso and was looking for a good (more proffesional) machine. After rethinking what and how I should be using it and being a huge Alessi fan it is the best choice.

I was lucky to buy this machine 2nd hand for only 200. It is under a year old and by the looks of it not frequently used. Everything is in great order and the machine looks and feels robust enough to last for some time. I am really happy with this great looking machine.

Still a good machine that I like to look at every day.
No real updates compared to the inital review.

I'm now very used to my machine and actually am using it daily. It still is a wonderfull machine that has everything! One thing with grinding though is that the coarseness can be adjusted but not to a fine degree you would like for certain beans. The settings are a bit limited in range.
I find the machine particularly easy to clean.
Milk frothing is easy and I can get good microfoam but this takes time to perfect and I think I am running into the limits of the machine as well. But since the looks and the rest is good I will wait with buying a new machine until this one breaks down :)

Posted: August 28, 2007, 12:38am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188441038132)