Nespresso Machines - Richard Jarman's Review
Posted: October 3, 2006, 5:55am
Nespresso Espresso Machines

Arrow The Nespresso Machines has 36 Reviews
Arrow The Nespresso Machines has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 6, 2003.
Arrow Nespresso Machines reviews have been viewed 478,287 times (updated hourly).

Peter Chenoweth 8.50
Gene B 8.28
McKenna Ross 8.14
J R 8.00
Andy B 7.20

Product Reviewed: C90
Manufacturer: Nespresso Quality: 8
Where Bought: Nespressocertifiedauctions Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Close to perfection for the office-bound shot lover

Perfect for the office, attractive design, extremely easy to use, very clean, excellent espresso - comparable to a "real" espresso

Tied to buying the capsules, high cost per shot

I never drink institutional coffee and always make my own at work.  This machine is perfect for the office environment.  I only drink espresso and so the C90 is just what I was looking for.  Gone are the days of grinding beans, trying to dispose of the used grounds, measuring out the water, cleaning up the mess...  This machine could not make it easier.  To boot, it is attractive and well built and the capsules have made me a believer; the first few shots compare very favourably with espresso from a real coffee shop, in many cases better.  The relatively high cost per capsule makes this arrangement less desirable for the home; but in the office it's absolutely worth it.

Shipping was prompt and packaging was good.

After 3 months, my opinion of Nespresso is unchanged from my initial rush of enthusiasm.  My high opinion of the quality of the Nespresso capsules remains and I have been very happy with the ordering and delivery process.  In fact, I bought another one for home.  Of course, it cannot compete with a real espresso from a real cafe; but it beats most commercial producers and destroys the competition for office and home use.  Combined with the Aerochino what else can one need?

One year later the C90 keeps rolling along.  I haven't downgraded my opinion; in fact it only gets higher.  I have taken it on vacation; I took it on a business trip.  What I really need is one of those fancy, but expensive, carrying cases.  There are really very few coffee shop espressos that can beat it, certainly neither Starbucks nor Caribou come anywhere close.  I have probably saved hundreds of dollars, even though the capsules cost 50 cents and you have to pay shipping.

Posted: October 3, 2006, 5:55am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191604137421)