Mypressi Twist - John Swanson's Review
Posted: October 4, 2011, 11:27am
Mypressi Twist

Arrow The Mypressi Twist has 4 Reviews
Arrow The Mypressi Twist has been rated 9.05 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 29, 2011.
Arrow Mypressi Twist reviews have been viewed 20,779 times (updated hourly).

Geoff LeCoq 9.33
B T 9.00
Anthony C 8.50
John Swanson 7.60

Previous Review
Manufacturer: Mypressi Quality: 10
Where Bought: Mypressi Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Europiccola Elektra Micro Casa a Leva
Bottom Line: Amazing - save yourself thousands of dollars and instead of buying a Silvia or a Rocket Cellini, just buy the Twist.  If you need to steam milk, find a stand-alone steamer.  Espresso was fantastic!!

I've made only 1 cup of espresso with the Twist, and it was far and away the best espresso I've ever made at home, and better than any I've had in restaurants or cafes.  The crema was just unbelievable, thick, rich and creamy, the best crema I've ever seen on any espresso.  The taste of the espresso was superb.

The user's manual needs some help.  It walks you through the steps of making a shot, but it fails to tell you to put a gas cartridge in it first, nor does it tell you how to be sure you've got the cartridge in it properly.

I used Espresso Tuscano beans from Counter culture Coffee and my trusty Rancilio Rocky doser grinder.  I put a little water in a teakettle so it would heat faster, and I ended up with a dopio in about 5 minutes, hot and delicious and smooth.  I did it bottomless which is a nice advantage to this product.  You can go bottomless by simply removing the bottom, no need to go and buy a new portafilter.

Not much more to say right now, I've just received the unit and am blown away by it - best espresso ever.  Now I'm sorry I bought two La pavoni Europiccols and one Elektra Micro Casa a Leva.  I am not affiliated with Mypressi in any way.

OK, bought it from the mfg and it arrived OK.

Previous Review
Posted: October 4, 2011, 11:27am
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184676170349)