Mypressi Twist - Anthony C's Review
Posted: October 1, 2012, 9:19pm
Mypressi Twist

Arrow The Mypressi Twist has 4 Reviews
Arrow The Mypressi Twist has been rated 9.05 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since January 29, 2011.
Arrow Mypressi Twist reviews have been viewed 20,913 times (updated hourly).

Geoff LeCoq 9.33
B T 9.00
Anthony C 8.50
John Swanson 7.60

Manufacturer: Mypressi Quality: 10
Where Bought: Prima Coffee Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Le'lit PL041
Bottom Line: A great little machine that can produce great espresso with little effort, worth every penny.

Small, quiet, easy, quick, great taste!

53mm basket, lame tamper, hard to "knock-out."

I recieved a red v2 as a gift when my Le'lit had a mechanical failure and I was saving for a more expensive dual boiler. I was completely amazed when I saw what excellent quality this little thing could provide.

After cleaning and prewarming the twist, I dosed 16.5g, tamped to ~27lbs, and pulled a bottomless shot. The temp drop was very noticeable in my mouth, but not on my tongue. I ended up with a rich, full bodied espresso that I could only have achieved with perfect temp surfing on my Le'lit. It is important to remember that these cartridges release a cold gas, and your water needs to be hotter than you would normally plan on using.

I eventually worked out a proper pre-heating solution for all the twists components to avoid the dramatic temp drop, but that was my only difficulty with this machine. I love the look, the feel, the weight, the whole package. Pulling bottomless is a plus, and I am really impressed with the consistency. My shots are always between 24-26 seconds, regardless of how many uses are on the charger. The ability to switch out NO2 for CO2 is also a plus since in some locations it may be cheaper or easier to find. Using the provided NO2 chargers, was okay, but I found that isi whip chargers lasted a bit longer, but no real effect on taste.

Cleaning this guy isn't too bad, it even has a pressure relief system that reduces some of the pucks mess. Though knocking out the puck involves taking out the basket which can be hot. This is only a problem if you are pulling back to back shots, otherwise just leave it to cool before cleaning.

Things I wish this came with:
A better tamper, a better case, more gaskets... I haven't worn out any yet, but I did lose one.  A manometer would also be useful for determining how much life is left in the charger, but this isn't a great issue if you're keeping track using the lids dial.

This is a great little machine, well worth every penny, and a great solution for travel and commuting.

It was a gift, but I am assured that Prima treated the order very kindly.

Posted: October 1, 2012, 9:19pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192090988159)