Mr Coffee Espresso (All) - Shannon Horton's Review
Posted: February 26, 2003, 2:33pm
Mr Coffee Espresso (All)

Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has 22 Reviews
Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has been rated 6.85 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 23, 2002.
Arrow Mr Coffee Espresso (All) reviews have been viewed 132,797 times (updated hourly).

Rene Lacroix 10.00

Product Reviewed: ECMP10
Manufacturer: Mr. Coffee Quality: 5
Where Bought: Target Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: Maybe
Bottom Line: Great machine for the price.

It is a very nice looking machine and very easy to use, it's great for a beginner or if you are looking for a low priced machine.  The espresso it produces is pretty good and has a good crema.  The steamer makes an excellent foam and steames the milk in quite a short time.  I also like the removable drip tray, it slides out for easy cleaning and has a removable tray on top to set your cups on while brewing.  The whole machine is very nice for the price.

When switching from brewing espresso to steaming milk you turn a dial, the dial is not that easily turned.  The steam wand is also very short and not adjustable so it would be easier to steam milk in a mug rather than a steaming pitcher.  I noticed also that the machine does leak a bit from the steam wand and the area where the espresso is brewed.

I was looking for a better espresso maker than the 20 year old one I had and this one is very good for the price.  It is very easy to use and it's also nice to look at.  I am very impressed with the quality of the espresso that it produced, and also the amount of foam that I was able to make with the steam wand.  The machine has a removable 40 oz. water reservoir which makes it very easy to fill and it easly fits right into the top of the machine.  There are indicator lights that tell you when the machine is on and when the water is heating so there is no guess work involved with that witch was great!  Over all, for the price I paid for this machine I am very satisified with the quality I received.  I think it's a great product.

I bought this machine because of the price.  It was originally 59.99 and I bought it on clearance for 29.98.  I've had no problems with it so far.

After purchasing my first Mr. Coffee espresso maker I have had to return it two times.  The first time was becase the area where you put the porta filter in cracked (made of plastic), the second because the water leaked right through the macine as soon as I poured it in.  The second machine I bought was on clearance, again at Target, for $13.00.  I took it to the repair shop after the second incedent and they sent it back to Mr. Coffee.  I then received a new one direct from Mr. Coffee 2 weeks later.  I have had no problems since receiving the new one and it has been 2 months.  It is still a great machine for the price.

Posted: February 26, 2003, 2:33pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184719085693)