Mr Coffee Espresso (All) - Al Banks's Review
Posted: April 26, 2002, 10:11am
Mr Coffee Espresso (All)

Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has 22 Reviews
Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has been rated 6.85 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 23, 2002.
Arrow Mr Coffee Espresso (All) reviews have been viewed 127,444 times (updated hourly).

Rene Lacroix 10.00

Product Reviewed: ECMP10
Manufacturer: Varies Quality: 8
Where Bought: walmart.com Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Braun
Bottom Line: Good machine, Great price.

Inexpensive for a pump machine.  The removable water reservoir is handy.

Water reservoir is a little small.  Space between the portafilter and drip tray is cramped.  Milk frothing works better without the plastic gizmo.

I like this machine.  It is a step up from my old Braun steam toy, and makes pretty good espresso.

The water reservoir holds just enough water to pull two rounds of doubles, steam some milk, and that's about it.  I wish the reservoir was about twice its current size.

Between the portafilter and the drip dray is just enough space for demitasse cups.  I would recommend getting some shot glasses or something small if you purchase this machine.  There is a good bit of vibration when the pump is active, so watch those cups.

Steam production is adequate.  Don't bother with the rubbery frothing attachment.  Milk froths better with just the wand.  Be warned, when moving the switch from steam to off, the machine vents excess pressure through the bottom of the drip tray.

Included with the machine is a coffee scoop/tamper tool.  This tool does both jobs poorly, so I would get a decent tamp, too.

I don't think this will be the last machine I ever own, but it is a good step up from the steam toy.

The first unit shipped from Walmart.com was damaged in transit.  The box was open, and although there was no visible damage, water frequently leaked from around the grouphead when attempting to make espresso.  Called Walmart.com, they shipped a new unit, and I returned the damaged one to my local Wal-Mart.  The only hassle in the whole process was that the customer service personnel at my local Wal-Mart had never done a return from Walmart.com before.

No problems with this machine so far.  The steam wand did become clogged, but the tip is removable.  Still like this machine, and won't buy another (more expensive) machine until this one dies.

Wow, it's been a while since I posted this review!  I'll stand by my previous comments.  The steam tip has clogged from time to time, but that was more of a hassle than anything.  A quick poke with a pin resolved this issue every time.

I did go back on my 3-month comment - I had the opportunity to get a prosumer machine at a great price, so this machine is looking for a home!

Previous Review
Posted: April 26, 2002, 10:11am
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.204710960388)