Mr Coffee Espresso (All) - Mark Schneider's Review
Posted: October 19, 2006, 2:32am
Mr Coffee Espresso (All)

Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has 22 Reviews
Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has been rated 6.85 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 23, 2002.
Arrow Mr Coffee Espresso (All) reviews have been viewed 131,654 times (updated hourly).

Rene Lacroix 10.00

Product Reviewed: Espresso
Manufacturer: Mr Coffee Quality: 4
Where Bought: Amazon.com Aesthetics 6
Similar Items Owned: none
Bottom Line: Look to one of the other "beginner" models recommended on this site if you plan on daily use.

Inexpensive introduction to home espresso making.  Got me interested in the details and art of espresso.  Makes a decent cup, once in a while.  Pretty easy to use.

Very inconsistent performance.  Noisy.  Steamer failed after about 3 months.

Bought this machine as a complete novice to see if I would enjoy making espresso at home.  Have used it daily for nearly a year.  Soon wound up on coffeegeek and found I have a LOT to learn.  This machine can make a decent shot but even though I try hard to get the dose/tamp right it frequently breaks through and gives me a stream of weak, bitter liquid.  I think the pressure varies a lot.  The steamer quit working after 4 months.  The construction quality is on par with a $80 machine; not good.   I will be upgrading to one of the many machines reviewed on this site that fall in the $250-300 range which, given what I have learned, is probably the minimum one needs to spend. After all, you are asking for consistent performance from a machine that has to deal with a lot of heat and pressure.  The best thing I got from this machine is a new fascination with all things espresso.

No complaints about amazon.com.

Okay, it was cheap, but it lasted a year and now I have a great super-auto Magnifica.    It blew a seal two days before the Magnifica arrived but it was, in all, a good purchase.

Posted: October 19, 2006, 2:32am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.190935134888)