Mr Coffee Espresso (All) - Joel Stevens's Review
Posted: June 2, 2006, 5:14pm
Mr Coffee Espresso (All)

Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has 22 Reviews
Arrow The Mr Coffee Espresso (All) has been rated 6.85 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 23, 2002.
Arrow Mr Coffee Espresso (All) reviews have been viewed 130,924 times (updated hourly).

Rene Lacroix 10.00

Manufacturer: Mr Coffee Quality: 4
Where Bought: Target Aesthetics 4
Writer's Expertise: Just starting Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: Starbucks Barista
Bottom Line: Very lightweight, poorly made piece of junk, but it is possible to get a cup of coffee out of it.

Cheap

Pretty much everything else,

I bought this to leave at my Inlaws, so I could satisfy my coffee habit, when we flew out from Portland.  (I used to carry the Barista in the car when we drove)  Bad Idea.  It will steam milk and make coffee, but both are marginal.   there is barely enough room to get a pitcher under the steam lance, or a shot glass under the porta filter.

I took the steam enhancer off, and the machine will steam fairly well but slow.   It barely steams one pitcher befor it runs out of water.

The machine is very light, and very sensitive grind.  The first coffee I used  (don't have a grinder an the inlaws) was supposed to be espresso grind, but the pump could not push water through the coffee (2 minute shots!!)  The the little plastic gizmo on the porta filter that holds the filter in place,  broke, so you always lose the filter when you try to empty it.

The water tank is too small given the foot print of the machine and it is difficult to fill.

The Drip tray won't hold enough to be useful.

I just bought another Barista (used) to replace this, so it is headed for the dustbin.

Just a Target check out purchase.   I didn't do any followup with them.

Posted: June 2, 2006, 5:14pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.181253910065)