Lelit PL 041 Espresso - Anthony C's Review
Posted: October 11, 2009, 7:36pm
Lelit PL 041 Espresso Machine

Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has 23 Reviews
Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has been rated 8.62 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 22, 2007.
Arrow Lelit PL 041 Espresso reviews have been viewed 147,864 times (updated hourly).

Matthew Pecsok 10.00
Gary Edmunds 9.43
HEATHER HUNNICUTT 9.00
Joshua Wark 9.00
Armbrooke Thorne 9.00

Manufacturer: Le'Lit Quality: 10
Where Bought: Clive Coffee Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Krups xp4030
Bottom Line: If you're considering a Rancillio or a Gaggia, save yourself the cash and get this instead.

Very shiny, big heavy portafilter, steam and hot water, quick warm up, 3-way valve, easy to clean.

Built in tamp is useless, small water tank, no automatic refill. Froth accessory is useless, small steam wand.

The Le lit is an awesome machine, the exterior is high polish and really nice on any counter. The machine operates very quietly and seems to work very well.
The warm up time is very quick and shots pull consistently with even temp and pressure.
The three way valve makes removing the portafilter a much more pleasurable experience.
The steam accessory is useless though when removed a regular wand is in place and operates very well, with consistent steam. Steaming without the attachment is easy, but to maintain high steam pressure, you should purge this machine until the light comes back on. Not always necessary, but for larger volumes of milk it helps.

The built in tamp is useless
The group is 57mm which some people argue isn't as good as a 58mm (standard size) though finding a tamper was not a problem at all, and shot quality seems to be unaffected.
The water tank is small, though adequate, and a larger one will fit in its place.

Refill the boiler after using steam and upon starting the machine. This can be a pain to remember sometimes, though it is very important to avoid burning out the heating elements. Easy to do though just run hot water for 3 sec, or pull a shot.

The cup warmer isn't going to really heat your cups, though it does do more than most machines and there is plenty of room.

For its price, you cannot get a better machine, in fact I would say this machine competes with machines in the next price tier easily.

I received this as a gift, though it did come with a free pound of fresh roast from Clive Coffee.

This machine has fine tuned my espresso beyond anything I have ever achieved before. Still running great, I have pretty much got the hang of this shorter steam arm, is all about keeping even pressure and the right angle.

Cleaning this machine is very easy, though I wish it were a scew, instead of a bold under the distribution screen.
I took off the top to tighten up the steam wand (loosened up after a few weeks) very strait forward inside, and pretty accessible.

I am getting some of the best shots of my life, and when I do make a latte or cap., I have been getting great results. I can no longer drink at most coffee shops.

The machine is great, needs a polishing but still pulls like a champ. I picked up a bottomless PF which was a real plus. I have no significant complaints. The new version of the machine looks great too, but I am very content with my Le'lit and have no intention of upgrading soon.

Posted: October 11, 2009, 7:36pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196397066116)