Lelit PL 041 Espresso - Mike Davis's Review
Posted: November 17, 2007, 5:12pm
Lelit PL 041 Espresso Machine

Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has 23 Reviews
Arrow The Lelit PL 041 Espresso has been rated 8.62 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 22, 2007.
Arrow Lelit PL 041 Espresso reviews have been viewed 149,977 times (updated hourly).

Matthew Pecsok 10.00

Previous Review
Manufacturer: Le'Lit Quality: 9
Where Bought: 1st Line Equipment Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Estro Vapore
Bottom Line: This machine is perfect in both looks and performance.

Stainless steel case
Fast warm-up
Heavy duty porta filter
Small counter footprint
Just heavy enough (17lbs)
Large water tank (2 liter)
Quick temperature recovery
Easy controls

Tamper useless
Water level window difficult to see unless right side is unobstructed
A bit fussy with grind consistency
Owners manual very brief. No cleaning or backflushing directions

My wife and I have a cup of Cappuccino each morning. We like it with a good coffee flavor. I use the double shot strainer in the portafilter and get a consistently good shot each time. I did upgrade my grinder to a Rocky to ensure I could fine tune my grind to exactly satisfy the LeLit. I prefer to heat the milk (skim) in the microwave and froth it with a battery powered frother/beater.

The machine is easy to move for cleaning both it and the countertop. There is a "hinged" top lid to access the water tank. I find the tank opening a bit small especially with 2 hoses in the same opening. It is easy to spill water when refilling the reservoir.

It would be impossible to use the attached tamper because the pressure required for a good tamp would lift the machine off the counter.

The machine is simple to use, the controls are easy to access and straightforward. I have had no problems whatsoever since purchasing the LeLit. I anticipate good service from it for many years.

First Line Equipment is a fine company. I  had many questions prior to my purchase all were answered professionally and quickly. Recently my questions  centered around cleaning products now that the machine is a year old. There was a bit of confusion around using or not using a blind filter for backflushing the LeLit and what size blind filter basket fits my machine. It seems there isn't one to fit the 57mm portafilter. Shipping is fast, responses to questions were "crisp" and usually within hours after asked  and occasionally were answered after hours or on weekends. Jim at LeLit is great.

Previous Review
Posted: November 17, 2007, 5:12pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192173957825)