La Pavoni Pro Lever - Love Giraud's Review
Posted: July 10, 2003, 12:35pm
La Pavoni Professional

Arrow The La Pavoni Pro Lever has 40 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Pro Lever has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Pro Lever reviews have been viewed 217,706 times (updated hourly).

Josh Kempthorne 9.20
Paul Alter 8.80
Pal Cabral 8.25
Bernard Murphy 8.00
Taylor Nunley 7.50

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 10
Where Bought: online Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: buy buy buy

This machine is a fundamental piece of my daily mental therapy routine.  Every morning I grind beans, tamp, pull and drink its juice.  I'm not sure how i lived without it.

its not for everyone, can be finicky, is costly for a home machine but what is perfect?  no pain, no gain.

This machine is about therapy.  It is truly an art to get a good shot out this machine, but why shouldn't it be?  Go ahead, buy your fully automatic bean press, read the business section and annoy people with your type A personality.  But, if you prefer the aesthetics of life, the surreal ness of what's around you and the fruits of your own labor, then buy this machine.

It took me about 2 months to get use to the routine.  I though i had it earlier, but it kept getting better until about the hundredth shot when my learning curve finally stopped.  I still mess it up however.  Show me an artist who doesn't toss out the occasional painting.  not enough grinds in the group, too cold or too hot, poorly tamped.  A bad shot can come out of any where with so many variables involved, but that is why it is so nice.

Achieving a masterful shot before going to the office is an enjoyable morning task in an otherwise gloomy routine.  Who looks forward to morning usually?  hangover or not, heavy workload or light, early meeting?  I'm usually a grump in the morning, but I always seek the perfect crema and wont walk out the door without 2 successful pulls.  You can call the day a success at that point no matter what the day holds in store for you.  You will have achieve perfection on your own without anyone impinging upon your peace.

I can't stand the machines with 45 buttons and 6 dials.  I want the shot to be of my own making, not some engineer's back in the lab.  Satisfying shots can come from other machines, but that is all you get, a shot.  With the La Pavoni (I have the Professional Millennium model), the whole process is sacred and enjoyable.

I bought it online with no hassle, other than the large debit in my bank account.

Posted: July 10, 2003, 12:35pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.1985039711)