La Pavoni Pro Lever - Darren's Review
Posted: November 24, 2000, 4:35am
La Pavoni Professional

Arrow The La Pavoni Pro Lever has 40 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Pro Lever has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Pro Lever reviews have been viewed 215,996 times (updated hourly).

Josh Kempthorne 9.20
Paul Alter 8.80
Pal Cabral 8.25
Bernard Murphy 8.00
Taylor Nunley 7.50

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 8
Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Stunning, but Pavoni should have figured out the finishing touches by  now (since 1961)

Design, functionality, Did I mention design?

Base is too lightweight, causing tipping when raising handle, and moving when inserting filter.

Mine cost 350 UK pounds, Direct from La Pavoni.

From the first time I used it, it‘s been consistently excellent.  The only thing I don‘t like is the fact that it doesn‘t sit still on the worktop when you raise the handle or insert the filter.  The base isn‘t heavy enough. (Yes my water tank is full!).

I will insert a screw from under the drip tray straight down and through the worktop.  That should ‘fix‘ it!

The milk steaming pipe should stick out away from the machine a bit more, and be perhaps a little longer.  The auto frother is a bit shavingfoam-like.

I didn‘t like the rosewood handles (endangered species of tree, duh!) so I went for plastic. I do not like plastic.  I think for this price, it should at least not show seams from the mould in it.  It‘s very solid and heavy plastic though.

Posted: November 24, 2000, 4:35am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187316894531)