La Pavoni Europiccola - Nick Roulstone's Review
Posted: July 10, 2002, 6:28pm
La Pavoni Europiccola

Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has 57 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Europiccola reviews have been viewed 335,682 times (updated hourly).

Theron Georges 9.67

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 8
Where Bought: John Lewis, London Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: I love coffee Would Buy Again: Maybe
Similar Items Owned: Dualit
Bottom Line: Beauty, control and great steaming ability in a small foot print.

It's the most beautify thing in my house, apart from my wife and child, and it makes better coffee than both of them, no competition really. Its also much smaller than equivalent machines.

The base is too light and the whole thing unstable when lifting the lever. I am not sure about the contruction, it bends alarmingly if too finer grind is used. The finish isn't perfect, you can see marks around some of the nuts where spanners have been used.

I love the way it looks, complicated / shiny / stylish. Actually itís very easy to use. After only a week I was producing some of the best coffee I've ever had. At present a have a blade grinder and the results are somewhat unpredictable, but I am looking forward to greater consistency and even better quality when I get a new grinder. The machine is very simple and should last for years if it doesn't snap. As mentioned above it bends when you pull the lever down, with what I consider to be reasonable force, about 30 pounds.

I wish Pavoni had supplied 3 double filters instead of the useless froth making attachment. This produces loads of cool foam, great for putting out fires but useless for coffee. The normal steam pipe is great can produce just the right consistency of foam for an authentic cappuccino.

Having used a lever machine though, I never want a pump machine again, you can't tell whatís happening and have no real control. I've got years of experimentation ahead of me.

Initually a bought a Dualit machine which just could not produce good coffee although I don't think it was actually faulty, just poor design. John Lewis exchanged it for the Pavoni, no questions asked.

Posted: July 10, 2002, 6:28pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187157869339)