La Pavoni Europiccola - Bob Bethel's Review
Posted: March 22, 2004, 8:23pm
La Pavoni Europiccola

Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has 57 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Europiccola reviews have been viewed 329,587 times (updated hourly).

Theron Georges 9.67
Antonio Salles 9.50
Gino Magnotta 9.45
Gail McNeill 8.50
Marc Tischler 8.50

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 10
Where Bought: ebay private Aesthetics 10
Bottom Line: Don't listen to the bad reviews, this is a great & easy to use machine, AND a piece of art.

I can't see why anyone would have any problem with this machine. It is extremely straight-forward in operation, and is built like a tank. The FIRST shot I made was very good.

The only thing I can say that could be better is the way the steam comes out of the safety valve. It could be re-routed so it doesn't get on the beautiful machine (I have the brass & copper, which is a piece of art).

This is a very sturdy and easy to use machine. Just grind properly & tamp pretty firm. The first shot I made with this machine was great, & a little practice got the crema way up. I liked it so much I am now roasting my own beans, which is not so hard either. So many people bad mouth these machines, but the machine makes great espresso. The capacity could be a problem if you had a coffee shop, but for home its just fine. I makes 4 doubles or so. It heats up quickly, 5 min or so, & is easy to clean. Get the brass & copper if you can find one, it is beautiful. Anyone who can't work one of these is either a clutz or lazy. The supposed "ritual" takes 5 min of warmup, in which you can grind  tamp, and then a 3 second pull on a handle. Ritual? I say fantastic espresso.

I bought mine used on ebay & got a good one for $370.

Posted: March 22, 2004, 8:23pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.203061819077)