La Pavoni Europiccola - Jonathan's Review
Posted: October 4, 2001, 9:41pm
La Pavoni Europiccola

Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has 57 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Europiccola reviews have been viewed 330,081 times (updated hourly).

Theron Georges 9.67
Antonio Salles 9.50
Gino Magnotta 9.45
Gail McNeill 8.50
Marc Tischler 8.50

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 10
Where Bought: Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Beautiful, Easy, Fun & Forgiving.

Looks beautiful. Easy and fun to use. Easy to keep clean. Very forgiving despite what some say. Just needs to be loaded with goods beans, ground fine enough, and tamped properly. Great for frothing too. Compact and easy to store as well.

Gets very hot in exposed areas. It would be easy to gets a nasty burn if not careful.

I got mine on eBay for $355.00 using the buy-it now feature after checking out what my Zassenhaus Grain Mill high bidder was also bidding on. It was an unused showroom display model from Espressoparts.com in Olympia, WA. When it arrived it was perfect. I followed the instructions provided and also used the tips from Sweet Maria's web site.

I had initially bought it just to satify my curiosity about making hand-pulled espressos. I was thrilled at how easy and fun it is is to use. At first I figured I'd try it a few times and put it back on eBay. No way! It's a keeper.

I was inspired to get a better grinder (Solis Maestro) and am extremely happy with the crema (not that I was unhappy before). The double basket makes just under 2oz. and the single shot basket slightly less than that. If you can't grind fine enough for the double basket the single compensates for that since it has about half as many pores.

My wife likes it too. I bought a good ice crushing blender (Braun MX2050WH) and have been making us iced blended mochas ever since. Hey, maybe it will pay for itself!

I will say that the tamper that comes with it could be replaced with one fits the basket and has a flat bottom. This one's convex and under-sized. The video supplied was cute and fun to watch too.

Posted: October 4, 2001, 9:41pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.205837011337)