La Pavoni Europiccola - John's Review
Posted: November 30, 2000, 6:09am
La Pavoni Europiccola
Arrow EspressoOutlet.net

Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has 57 Reviews
Arrow The La Pavoni Europiccola has been rated 7.98 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow La Pavoni Europiccola reviews have been viewed 337,221 times (updated hourly).

Theron Georges 9.67
Antonio Salles 9.50
Gino Magnotta 9.45
Gail McNeill 8.50
Marc Tischler 8.50

Manufacturer: Pavoni Quality: 10
Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Simply the best.

Once you master grind and tamp, you cannot beat it. I‘ll never use anything but a lever press machine after mastering this one.

Learning curve. It requires a very fine grind - don‘t even think about using a blade grinder - it will not grind fine enough - look into a conical burr like the Solis. You have to master getting the right grind and then mastering the tamp. This isn‘t too hard to master - it just takes some practice. Once you‘ve mastered it, you‘ll think everyone else‘s espresso stinks.

At first I had a love / hate relationship with my La Pavonni. I just couldn‘t get a good espresso press from the machine. I finally bought a good grinder and threw away my blade grinder. I‘ve never looked back. With a very fine grind (the finest I can get from my Solis) and a firm tamp (about 20 lbs pressure), I get the best espresso I‘ve ever had. Everyone who has my espresso loves it. I paid about $320.00 on eBay and bought additional filters so that I can easily do four espressos at a time. Like I mentioned above, I love this machine and would never consider anything else. I‘ve had my La Pavonni for over 6 months and would not have said this the first month that I owned it. If you buy one, have patience and you will be rewarded with a great espresso.

Posted: November 30, 2000, 6:09am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189116001129)