Krups XP4000 Series - Paul McBride's Review
Posted: December 13, 2005, 12:59pm
Krups XP4000 Series Espresso Machines
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has 29 Reviews
Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has been rated 5.46 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 19, 2005.
Arrow Krups XP4000 Series reviews have been viewed 178,355 times (updated hourly).

Myq Larson 8.00

Product Reviewed: XP 4020
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 4
Where Bought: Farmers NZ Aesthetics 7
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: I really wouldn't bother. Its flaws outweigh anything else.

When it works, it can produce tasty espresso.
Plenty of pressure.
Feels heavy and nicely constructed.

The single hole in the filter basket blocks up endlessly
The plastic drip tray warps
Isn't *actually* well constructed.

Well, it was my own fault.

I bought this, aware that Krups are not precisely reknowned for the highest quality espresso machines. It was a new model that to look at seemed to be well made. And at $300 NZ, including a bonus grinder, I thought I'd give it a chance.

I had to return the first one after a month because the group exploded over the kitchen when the filter basket blocked up and the pressure built up and broke the seal. And burnt my hand.

The second one is in my kitchen now, and it has the same tendency to get blocked up. When it is working, I must say it can produce good coffee. Its a matter of reliability and in this respect it is a disappointment.

The grinder, incidentally, is actually reasonable for any grind except espresso. Good consistent size.

Farmers NZ were fine to deal with.

Posted: December 13, 2005, 12:59pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.194766998291)