Krups XP4000 Series - Julia Saller's Review
Posted: November 23, 2006, 10:50am
Krups XP4000 Series Espresso Machines

Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has 29 Reviews
Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has been rated 5.46 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 19, 2005.
Arrow Krups XP4000 Series reviews have been viewed 176,711 times (updated hourly).

Myq Larson 8.00

Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 1
Where Bought: Linen's & Things Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Similar Items Owned: Mr. Coffee Espresso Maker
Bottom Line: Too tempermental for every day use.

Nice looking.

This machine is temperamental.  I'm vigilant in cleaning my machines, but this one is simply a lemon.  It'll work fine for days then refuse to work.   If left alone to cool off, it may choose to work the next time.

This machine looks attractive and feels solid.  However, it does not perform consistently.  I have had trouble with the pumping system failing, resulting in water refusing to go through.  This seems to happen more and more frequently.    I have had trouble with the grind basket getting clogged with my grinds, so I keep the grind a bit larger than before.  I have had trouble with the  water reservoir not seating easily.

Also, the steamer wand is easily loosened and does not produce good foam consistently.   I don't have the control of getting a nice microfoam with this wand.

I did finally  get use to the noisy pump which causes the machine to  vibrate significantly.   The release of steam upon turning off the unit is a bit odd.  It tended to scare the children!

I owned a low-end Mr. Coffee espresso machine that did fine for 1 1/2 years, but the parts wore out.  The Krups I've had trouble with from the beginning.

Posted: November 23, 2006, 10:50am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.181801795959)