Krups XP4000 Series - Mike Fiander's Review
Posted: April 13, 2008, 10:02pm
Krups XP4000 Series Espresso Machines

Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has 29 Reviews
Arrow The Krups XP4000 Series has been rated 5.46 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since October 19, 2005.
Arrow Krups XP4000 Series reviews have been viewed 175,057 times (updated hourly).

Myq Larson 8.00
Martin Phaneuf 7.66
Ramadhan Sjamsani 7.25
Kristie Gill 7.00
Stanley Wong 7.00

Product Reviewed: XP4050
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 0
Where Bought: Gnome Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: DON'T EVER BUY A KRUPS PRODUCT!!!!!  Horrible horrible machine.  First one didn't work out of the box.  Second one worked once.  Third one worked for 2 days

I thought it was one of the best looking machines that I could afford.  It was easy to use (the few times it actually worked)

First one didn't work out of the box.  Second one worked once.  Third one worked for 2 days.

We purchased a Krups Espresso machine (model XP4050)  and on it's first use it didn't work.  No water would pump through the machine at all, it just made a thumping/vibrating sound and started to smell like the pump was burning.

We returned it to the store it was purchased from and were told we would have to wait for a replacement.  Nearly a month later we returned to the city to pick up our replacement.  We brought it home, plugged it in, followed all directions, and enjoyed our first lattes.

Later, we tried again, following all instructions, and nothing happened.  Later still we tried again, all the lights blinked and the machine beeped.  No Espresso, just a burning smell.

Krups would not give us a refund, not would the store we bought it from, they would only exchange it or give us store credit.

We drove to the city once more and decided to give it another chance.  We exchanged the machine once more and brought it home.  We were confident that it was a simple coincidence that we wound up with two faulty machines.  We plugged the new one in, we followed the directions, and for the first few days it seemed like it was going to work out this time.  Then something else happened:  instead of the water going through the machine and making a nice espresso, it just emptied into the overflow tray.

Finally after calling Krups, and telling them about our problems with their machine, they agreed to give us a refund.  It's been a little over a month and I still haven't recieved my refund.  It should be here within a week according to my last conversation with a telephone rep. (the first time I called it was only suppose to take around 2 weeks.)  Cross your fingers for me.

Update:

It's been over a month and a half since we originally sent it in and were told we would get a refund.  Now they say they will only give me a credit, for another Krups product, or a T-fal, Rowenta, or Moulinex product.

I will never buy ANYTHING from ANY of these companies again, and I would recomend no one else buy form these companies either, unless you like being given the run around if anything goes wrong.

They were great, one lady especially we will definately be going back.

Posted: April 13, 2008, 10:02pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187597990036)