Krups Steam Espresso Machines - Seth Jones's Review
Posted: September 4, 2007, 9:36pm
Krups Steam Espresso Machines - All Modles

Arrow The Krups Steam Espresso Machines has 15 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Steam Espresso Machines has been rated 4.99 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Steam Espresso Machines reviews have been viewed 88,131 times (updated hourly).

Ross Devitt 10.00

Product Reviewed: 963/A
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 4
Where Bought: gift Aesthetics 4
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Worst espresso machine I have ever encountered.

it makes steam.  The boiler doesn't leak.  The portafilter is easy to use.  It makes a dark liquid that smells like coffee.

you cannot stop the shots from pouring and they start pouring once the water is hot.  WOrse is that in order to steam milk, shots must pour.  It took me 10-12 shots of espresso just to steam enough milk for a 12 oz latte.

I got it from my dad who got it as a gift from someone who gave up on it.  It worked fine, but the coffee it made tasted nothing like espresso and it was very annoying that they put a steam wand, a valve for a steam wand, but no valve for the grouphead.  I mean really.  If I had to chose to piut a valve on either the grouphead or the steam wand Id rather have it on the group head so I didnt have to brew endless shots when i steam milk.  Even better, i could even use it to power a toy steam engine.  This design is hopeless and it tarneshes the krups name.  Save your pennies and wait for sales.  I just bought a saeco/(starbucks barista) espresso machine for 100 bucks (down from 500).  If 100 is too much or you're impatient, a decent moka will make coffee of the same quality ast this machine for less money.

My dad is a great guy and I loved getting my very own espresso maker, even if later it turned out to be a lemon.

Posted: September 4, 2007, 9:36pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.197812080383)