Krups Novo Series - Vernon Bishop's Review
Posted: May 21, 2009, 9:47am
Krups Novo Series - Old Models

Arrow The Krups Novo Series has 49 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Novo Series has been rated 6.00 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Novo Series reviews have been viewed 256,071 times (updated hourly).

Bob Kim 8.67

Product Reviewed: Espresso Novo 964
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 8
Where Bought: Gift Aesthetics 8
Similar Items Owned: Mr. Coffee ECM 250
Bottom Line: Steep learning curve with positive results

Good weight for its size
Can produce good shots at times
Heats quickly
Produces good steam
Easy to steam milk with the wand
Deep drip tray

Small tank (have to refill it all the time)
Can be messy at times
Small size
Steep learning curve

I saw this machine at a goodwill store and I wanted it.  My friend bought it for my birthday and I have been enjoying it ever since.  I really like the quality upgrade that I got from the last espresso machine that I had.  I never thought that a pump machine could be that much of an upgrade from a steam machine, until I owned this one.  The learning curve on this machine was a lot steeper than the Mr. Coffee that I had.  That machine was very basic and there was not much you could do to make the shots better or worse.  They turned out mediocre, while this machine has more variables that could go wrong if not done with care.  I had to get used to those and I am getting used to them as I go along.  I also have to get used to the mess that this machine leaves.  There is more cleanup than I had with the last machine.  While the size of the machine is good for my small coffee bar, it makes it hard when you are entertaining and need to make more than one drink.  I would like a bigger machine in the future, however, I have gotten used to this, and I do not want to spend the money right now on a bigger machine.

On the positive side, I have become a better home barista with this machine.  It has inspired me to set up a separate coffee bar in my apartment.  I have had really good luck learning this machine, and I have gotten inspired to make different coffees and also drinking espresso, which I did not do too often with the Mr. Coffee.  I have gotten better at frothing and steaming milk for my lattes and mochas.  I really feel more like a barista at the coffee house and I really like the fact that I can save so much money making better coffee at home myself.

Overall, I think this is a good step up for a very amateur barista, but I would like to step up to a Rancilio Silvia with a Rocky grinder at some point.

This was a gift from my friend.

Posted: May 21, 2009, 9:47am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188855171204)