Krups Novo Series - Matt Larkin's Review
Posted: January 19, 2000, 6:13am
Krups Novo Series - Old Models

Arrow The Krups Novo Series has 49 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Novo Series has been rated 6.00 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Novo Series reviews have been viewed 255,344 times (updated hourly).

Bob Kim 8.67

Product Reviewed: Novo 2200 Plus
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 6
Where Bought: Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Smart design - reasonable entry level machine

Relatively attractive design in modern kitchen, apparently well built, easy to use controls, readily available in the UK

Autocappucino accessory, no single shot portafilter (though single shot basket included), takes a while to get all the machine up to temperature (such as cup warmer etc)

This is my first venture into owning a pumped machine, having relied on a 3 cup stove top "espresso" for my kicks in the morning.  This appealed to me due to the price (£109UK), nice modern design, and ease of use.  Although I actually hate the autocappucino add on (I NEVER drink coffee with milk in) it is useful for easy hot chocolates etc.  Steam is quite wet when used without the accessory.
The crema enhancer limits the amount of pressure you can tamp with - too hard and the very fine holes are blocked and a 25 second pour becomes far too short.  On the other hand, when used with a reasonably reliable coffee (at the moment I am not quite up to roasting my own!!) the coffee tastes good, so I can‘t complain.  I just don‘t know how much better it could be at home........

Posted: January 19, 2000, 6:13am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.183638095856)