Krups Novo Series - Peter Hoang's Review
Posted: March 15, 2005, 7:34am
Krups Novo Series - Old Models

Arrow The Krups Novo Series has 49 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Novo Series has been rated 6.00 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Novo Series reviews have been viewed 256,594 times (updated hourly).

Bob Kim 8.67

Product Reviewed: Novo3000
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 6
Where Bought: Bed Bizzle and Beyond Aesthetics 6
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: SEXY ESPRESSO IS POSSIBLE!! and when i say sexy I mean tasty

You can make the portafilter into a bottomless HOLLA!!
READ MY DETAILED COMMENTARY =)

-Group head is made for Pods.
-Portafilter has plastic spouts
-Baskets are Pressurized
-Cup warmer will take about 3 days to heat a demitasse cup (joke)

.. no 3 way valve
no pressure gauge
no commercial group head
no heavy duty portafilter
no heat exchanger
no commerical steam power......
LOL IT ONLY COSTS 200 FOR CHRISTS SAKES GIVE THIS MACHINE A BREAK!!

This machine is probably intended for Coffee Geeks who spent there life savings on their grinder and cannot afford to buy a machine over 250.. LOL!

I've read a lot of reviews of this machine, and almost all of them are negative.  Let me tell you... don't believe everything you read.  Those guys probably were drinking "espresso-style" coffee using pressurized baskets.   They probably wern't leveling and tamping correctly either.  Probably using old stale starbucks beans too( if not then pods). They probably let the machine heat up for a minute before they brew.  And they grinded the nasty beans using a blender. =)

IN ORDER FOR THIS MACHINE TO MAKE SEXY ESPRESSO:
Get 53mm unpressurized baskets
Get a Rancilio Rocky or Better (Mazzer)
Get some fresh beans
You better know how to dose, level, and tamp and be consistent
Temp surf to get optimum sexy temperature
Brew espresso in a preheated cup (use your microwave)

Anyway, to get optimum temperature:
I let the machine heat up for awhile (20 min+)  [or you can cheat it like Rancilio Silvia]
Run water out of the group head
switch to steam mode for 15 secs
lock the portafilter and brew

********************************************************
Okay lets be serious here.  I've had this machine for almost a year now.  At first, when I was uneducated, this machine frustrated the hell out of me because I was getting sour espresso and steaming milk for 2 minutes.  If KRUPS is hosting barista competitions and giving these machines away as prizes, it should beable to do something right??  Lo and Behold, after much studying from this website and hands on trial and error, I started to love this machine.  I only drink espresso, macchiatos, or caps, and this machine is perfect for those.  Would I buy this machine again?  Probably not.  However, like I said before, I made shots from this machine comparable to  Nuova Simonelli Program VIP 3 group commercial machine.  NO JOKE.  I honestly think this machine is a good budget machine to work with.  But don't get it twisted-- you will undoubtedly upgrade.

If you just blew your savings buying that sexy grinder and you have no machine to accompany your new love, this machine is for you.  If you are pretty serious about getting this machine (until you finish saving up for the La Marzocco Linea 1 group) you can email me at Pe_tah@yahoo.com for any questions.

It was rather sexy

Posted: March 15, 2005, 7:34am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.181188821793)