Krups Novo Series - Don Calderone's Review
Posted: June 27, 2004, 4:12pm
Krups Novo Series - Old Models

Arrow The Krups Novo Series has 49 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Novo Series has been rated 6.00 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Novo Series reviews have been viewed 255,259 times (updated hourly).

Bob Kim 8.67

Product Reviewed: Novo 3000 Plus
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 5
Where Bought: Living In Comfort Aesthetics 5
Similar Items Owned: Krups Novo 979
Bottom Line: If You Are Into Pod Espresso, This Machine Is not For You !

A good first machine if you are on a budget or not sure that you will be
drinking Espresso on a frequent basis. Makes decent espresso as long as you get the right "pack" down, using ground espresso. I tried Illy and Lavazza ground espresso. To tight and you will need 45 - 60 seconds to get a single or double shot. By then, you will have over extracted the coffee and it will be BITTER. Use very light pressure on the "pack"------Very light and then smooth out the top layer of coffee.

Machine leaks when using pods. Keep your hands and face out of the area where the coffee drips into the cup, you can get burned.

If you are into using coffee pods, avoid this machine by all means.
The porta filter is not the right one for this machine. It has an extra notch on the filter that allows VERY HOT WATER to spray inside the interior wall of the machine and to the outside of the machine.

I called Krups customer service, they play a good stupid act like
"your the first one calling" BULL ! The bottom line is that Krups purchased the wrong Porta Filters for making POD Coffee. The parts department does not have the proper size porta filter for pods and have no intention of ordering any. They claim that they will bring it up to the company that makes the machine for them, when they go to the Paris show. ( and you thought that Krups made them, right ? )

The customer service personel are a joke, the parts department claimed they have no record of a Novo 3000 Plus being made. I spoke to the head repair Tech. and his boss. They were both smart asses.
My original machine was made in Switzerland, this machine is made in Portugal.

I was insulted trying to explain to the Service Departmaent the nature of the defect and the alleged "BOSS" tells me, " don't you have someone else to call, you must be lonely and have a need to talk to someone"

FYI: I am a Retired Detective, NYPD. If I didn't live so far away, I would have paid these two asses a personal visit.

My next machine will be a Rancilio Silvia. I'll leave the toys at Krups, maybe they will give each employee a Novo 3000 Plus for Christmas.

Living In Comfort I give a 10. They are the best. However, I did not drag them into my problem.

Posted: June 27, 2004, 4:12pm
Don't suffer bad espresso
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184454917908)