Krups Espresso - Older Models - Victor Vau's Review
Posted: August 6, 2002, 11:04am
Krups Espresso Machines - Older Models

Arrow The Krups Espresso - Older Models has 26 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Espresso - Older Models has been rated 7.42 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Espresso - Older Models reviews have been viewed 149,412 times (updated hourly).

Mike Foster 9.00

Product Reviewed: Palatino
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 8
Where Bought: ebay.com Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: Buy it!

Great espresso, ease of use and cleaning, best price.

Warming plate is useless

I have done a serious research on espresso machines. According to all reviews I have read superautomatics were supposed to sacrifice quality of drinks in the name of convenience. I decided to take my chances. I turned out to be the right decision. Also I realized that I was buying the cheapest machine and shouldn't expect anything outstanding. I was wrong! The quality of the espresso and coffee is fantastic! It beats any coffee shop in the US. Just for a mere reason that I adjusted the machine to my taste not some teenager at the Starbuck who has a vague idea what espresso is supposed to be... I've seen machines that cost a thousand and two-three thousands more. I can understand a hundred or two more for bells and whistles and some conveniences but I seriously doubt that those incredible expensive machines can produce better drinks. If are you not used to Turkish coffee made slowly (45-60 minutes) on hot sand then you definitely not going to notice a difference. So don't waste your money and settle for Palatino. Shop around. I bought mine on ebay for $295 (new of course). It worked right away. I did not watch an included video: no need for that. All I needed to do is to adjust the amount of water and the grinder to my taste.

Shop around. Prices are varying alot. Should be under $300.

It is the absolutely great machine. It is incredibly easy to use, to clean.
It produces great espresso and coffee. This is a cheapest super automatic on the market. I still have to understand what do other machines, the ones that cost a lot more, can do better to justify an investment.  It is very consistent. The only deficiency is that the grinder chokes on two finest settings, but I doubt that anybody uses them anyway.
So I am very happy about my purchase. At least for now.

Still works great. Being very lazy I wash the brewing group in the dishwasher with just a dash of detergent. So far so good. Brews are very consistent and good. Still very happy about this purchase.

Posted: August 6, 2002, 11:04am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192888021469)