Krups Espresso - Older Models - Paul Beard's Review
Posted: March 26, 2004, 11:45am
Krups Espresso Machines - Older Models

Arrow The Krups Espresso - Older Models has 26 Reviews
Arrow The Krups Espresso - Older Models has been rated 7.42 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Krups Espresso - Older Models reviews have been viewed 149,522 times (updated hourly).

Mike Foster 9.00
Eric D 7.83
Peter Horrell 7.75
Anthony Cravero 7.50
Charles Bruno 6.83

Product Reviewed: 984
Manufacturer: Krups Quality: 8
Where Bought: gift Aesthetics 6
Bottom Line: Good value, a great starter machine or one for your office (think of the $$ you'd save). Hard to beat on price/quality of shot.

Easy to use, works quickly, reasonably priced (mine was a gift, but I know they're not expensive).

Kind of cheap manufacturing quality (even keeping in mind the price), not all that easy to clean. Perhaps not made for multiple daily uses.

My technique, if I can call it that, is very similar to the one posted already. I have a HotSpot hot water dispenser at my sink, so I can top up my Americano.

I use Peet's Major Dickason's blend and think it makes a fine brew.  I use a blade grinder and it seems to do just fine. It's possible to grind the beans finely enough to pull a good shot, but it takes some practice. I think it's safe to say the beans and the grinder can make more of a difference than the machine.

The basket is perhaps not as well-designed as it might be. The single is useless: I only use the double. My shots aren't as hot as I might get elsewhere, and the steamed milk is never hot enough, but I live with that. The machine is 10 years old, after all.

All told, it's cheaper than going out and if you pay attention to what you're doing, it's just as good (indeed, I've had worse shots, more than once, from people who get paid to do it).

N/A: it was a gift.

Posted: March 26, 2004, 11:45am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200719118118)