Jura-Capresso S Series - Vic LaBarbera's Review
Posted: December 1, 2004, 3:54pm
Jura-Capresso S Series Super Autos
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Jura-Capresso S Series has 12 Reviews
Arrow The Jura-Capresso S Series has been rated 7.87 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 13, 2003.
Arrow Jura-Capresso S Series reviews have been viewed 81,097 times (updated hourly).

Harvey Stein 8.00
Brooks P 7.86
Chris Molineaux 7.50
Mike McCormick 7.20
John Flynn 7.11

Product Reviewed: Capresso S9
Manufacturer: Capresso Quality: 2
Where Bought: 1st in Coffee Aesthetics 4
Bottom Line: Looked like a honey for all that money but now it doesn't serve a drop and will be a nice door stop.

Good coffee, great looks, easy to clean

Quit after 18 months. Must ship to Capresso for repair. They would not recommend an appliance repair in Florida. I feel the machine is fragile and to keep shipping to company would be excessive.

This machine was just great at the beginning, and we used it for an average of 7 to 10 cups of cappuccino per day. The coffee was pretty consistent and whoever tasted it was impressed. After a time, the froth (using the express frother) was a little cold at times, but then seemed okay.
I was meticulous in its cleaning and maintenance (filter change and tablet cleaning. Regular cleaning was done every day and all was okay.

Suddenely last week, while brewing, the machine started throwing coffee into the tray, with no liquid pouring from the spouts at all. I called the company and they told me to check for clogs inside with the tray removed. Finding nothing, I called back and was told that they would fix the machine for $150, which included shipping. Since the S9 is out of waranty, I don't seem to have a choice. I sent them an e-mail asking for a repair center in Florida, but they sent an answer only stating that I should ship the machine back to them for the afforementioned $150. I am hesitating sending it to them, wondering if something else will go wrong and shipping gets to be a bit much. I fear that I may have gotten a defective product.

I am extremely disappointed in this purchase and don't feel that Capresso is too concerned about their product after sale. I really don't want to give them $150 to repair a coffee machine of such supposed quality. I know anything can happen to a an appliance, but for this price, I would expect a bit more longevity.

Bought from 1st in Coffee on the internet. They were fine and shipped when promised. I was sent an e-mail when the product shipped and it was right on time. I had no experience with their customer service, so can't comment on that. My overall impression though is that they are reliable.

Posted: December 1, 2004, 3:54pm
SR500 Home Coffee Roaster
Ships with five pounds of beans you get to choose.
coffeeproject.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196805000305)