Jura-Capresso F Series - Nathan Gifford's Review
Posted: January 23, 2005, 7:42pm
Jura-Capresso F Series Super Autos

Arrow The Jura-Capresso F Series has 12 Reviews
Arrow The Jura-Capresso F Series has been rated 7.87 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since May 13, 2003.
Arrow Jura-Capresso F Series reviews have been viewed 79,278 times (updated hourly).

Mark Thomas 9.00

Product Reviewed: F9
Manufacturer: Jura Quality: 7
Where Bought: Williams & Sonoma Aesthetics 7
Writer's Expertise: I live coffee Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: Bottom line, the espresso is just ok.  The price for the performance is not ok.

Good build quality, but I can't say how well it would hold up.

Does not make real espresso.

Ok, this is one expensive machine.  At this price I expect alot.  If you have ever tasted a really good espresso shots, you are going to be really disappointed here.  Forget about god shots.  The built-in grinder can't grind fine enough.  This leads to shots that are pulled too fast around 9-10secs.  You can find some improvement using an external grinder.  The shots that I pulled were too weak for my taste.  The creama was plentiful, but flavor is first.   The milk frothier is pretty good and a good supply of steam is there.  I found it difficult to do micro form though.  I thought the hot water disperser was slow.

Ease of use is pretty good once you get the hang of the interface.  I did have to read a manual through a few times, which I was not expecting to have to do.  This is a super auto machine after all and I've pulled alot of great shots on many semi-auto machines.  For $1800 you would think it would be idiot proof.

I picked this up at Williams&Sonoma.  They were easy to deal with and took my return without any trouble.

Posted: January 23, 2005, 7:42pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.188689947128)