Isomac Super Giada - Gonšalo Baptista's Review
Posted: November 29, 2005, 8:14am
Isomac Super Giada

Arrow The Isomac Super Giada has 11 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Super Giada has been rated 7.73 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Isomac Super Giada reviews have been viewed 82,221 times (updated hourly).

Kristin S. 8.30

Pressure gauge
Sturdy Construction

Non Standard Portafilter size
Long re-heating cycle
Distance between cup and portafilter a bit too small

I got this machine about two weeks ago after much deliberation. It was meant to be a birthday gift but because I was having trouble deciding which one to go for it got delayed.

The machine arrived well packaged and quickly from " Another coffee" in the UK.  As reported elsewhere, the manual is short and not very detailed but it serves its purpose.
The machine actually is a lot sturdier than it appears in the pictures. It is solid and heavy without taking up a whole lot of space in the kitchen.

I found the machine easy to operate in itself, as long as you stick to the routine of heating it up and running some hot water prior to pulling . It is also important that you pull shortly after the green light is off because that's when the boiler is at its hottest.

It takes a while to achieve a good espresso as you have to play with the grind, tamper and coffee ammount. As I don't have a proper grinder I twek the ammount and tamping only.
The machine has an inbuilt tamper that has been much maligned but not knowing any better I can say that it seems to work reasonably well as I manage to get decent espresso.

All in all it is a wonderfull machine with some limitations that migh hamper a Barrista but don't affect me as much because I am not (yet) obsessed with it.

Good service from another coffee. Fairly helpful.

Posted: November 29, 2005, 8:14am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.185380935669)