Isomac Super Giada - Brian Miller's Review
Posted: May 10, 2005, 4:41pm
Isomac Super Giada

Arrow The Isomac Super Giada has 11 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Super Giada has been rated 7.73 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since November 4, 2003.
Arrow Isomac Super Giada reviews have been viewed 81,830 times (updated hourly).

Kristin S. 8.30
Robert Van der Meijden 7.33
Gary Cook 6.83
Michael Baryzewski 6.33
Pradeep Sarin 6.33

Where Bought: 1st Line Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Krups
Bottom Line: So beautiful and such good coffee I'm willing to forgive the noise and drips.

This machine is gorgeous.  My friends call it the "Red October" because, with the toggle-switches and dials, it looks like a vintage Russian sub.  Chromed-out, utilitarian looks that seem real, not kitschy like some other vintage-look machines.  A real property-value raiser.

This thing is loud and a bit leaky.  Perhaps that's where the Russian sub analogy is appropriate.  Also, if I weren't so smitten with the Isomac's looks, I may have gotten the Silvia, for the pro-quality solenoid.  Takes lots of practice and juuuuust the right grind to get a great shot, and still it's hit or miss.  Also, no option for those who want to use pods.

I have no regrets about this purchase.  Knock on wood, the thing has run solidly and dependably since I cracked open the box.  And since I cracked open the box, I've been getting compliments on it - both in terms of the looks and the coffee.  Then again, it would be nice to have the option to use pods every once in a while.  I keep reading about the quality and cleanliness of the pods, but have no way to check it out.  So I keep fretting about the right grind and tamping weight.  And, again, I'm not 100%.

1st Line is fantastic.  Fortunately, I haven't had to see how they are in terms of a return or service because the machine has been solid.  But in the purchasing area, they were fantastic, nice and the machine got to my house in perfect shape.  I would use them again and probably will.

Posted: May 10, 2005, 4:41pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.180556058884)