Isomac Tea - Blazej Mrozinski's Review
Posted: February 7, 2008, 6:16am
Isomac Tea & Tea II

Arrow The Isomac Tea has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Tea has been rated 9.09 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Isomac Tea reviews have been viewed 359,614 times (updated hourly).

Peter Bigone 10.00
Jim R. 9.26
James Schulman 9.17
Ton Boom 9.00
Blazej Mrozinski 8.67

Where Bought: ebay.de Aesthetics 9
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 8
Bottom Line: I can totally recommend it to anybody considering an upgrade. If you can afford some more $ pass the Silva and grab an Isomac

The Isomac is an upgrade from my old Gaggia Paros - and honestly - it's a huge step!
Machine is easy to operate, e-61 group head gives you a wonderful temperature stability and of course two manometers simply rock :)

It's been already said somewhere - even having a 3 liter water tank, with flushing the group head before each extraction you end up short of water and need to refill all the time.
Have to be very careful with a VERY HOT group head.

I'm using it for just two weeks, so probably there is a lot to learn about it, but so far I'm very happy with the purchase.
Also today I made my first movie with the Isomac operating (and a mazzer mini e with it) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2cN2_7ajU   (obviously i tamped too hard or grinded to fine, since the extraction took 1 minute, but hey... it's the beginning). I can totally recommend it to anybody considering an upgrade. If you can afford some more $ pass the Silva and grab an Isomac.

Bought this machine on german e-bay from drkhendrix and can totally recommend it. European shipment was ultra fast and the price very good.

It's been 3 months since the Tea II shines in my kitchen, making me happy every morning I turn it on.
I've added a digital thermometer (from Eric), since than shots became quite consistent, even not paying much attention to brewing procedure (especially in the morning).

Pros after 3months of use:
- shiny beautiful construction ;)
- ease of use, ease of getting decent ristrettos
- two manometers, providing almost a full control over the process of brewing
- ease in PST adjust

Cons:
- still I think, that a 3L water tank should be bigger,
- OPV could be adjusted easier,
- used water reservoir could be better fitted in the machine - 2-3mm empty spaces on both sides, make me crazy (especially with the current price)

Posted: February 7, 2008, 6:16am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.182965993881)