Isomac Tea - Paul Gitmark's Review
Posted: January 23, 2008, 4:11am
Isomac Tea & Tea II

Arrow The Isomac Tea has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Tea has been rated 9.09 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Isomac Tea reviews have been viewed 361,862 times (updated hourly).

Peter Bigone 10.00
Jim R. 9.26
James Schulman 9.17
Ton Boom 9.00
Blazej Mrozinski 8.67

Where Bought: Cortado Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: None
Bottom Line: Quality on the inside and outside, a true joy to use and have at home.

E61 full group.
Two pressure gauges.
1.5 litre boiler, HX (3 litre water tank).
Large spill water tray.
Large cup warmer.
Brewing handle/lever.
Robust and sturdy, good looking machine.

Much refilling of water needed (should be plummed in).
Temperature a little hot in fabric setting (1.5 bar).

My experience with the Tea II has been nothing but positive so far. Even though I have had to/chosen to custimize a few things. I lowered the water pressure/temperature by 0.2 bars (from facory set 1.5 to 1.3). I also went deep into the interior of the machine to regulate the water tank sensor, so that the machine wouldn't switch off until there was approx 0.2 litre left in the tank.
My enjoyment of this machine is such that I use it several times each day in an almost religious manner. I simply enjoy each aspect of it. Brewing shots, cleaning it or event just looking at it. Now for some guidance:
Brewing shots is very easy on the Tea II. But best of all: the results are very steady and reliable. I get good shots 8 out of 10 times. And the 2 that are off, are pretty ok anyway. I also make cappa and a few lattes. No problem doing the espresso shot and steaming at the same time. If I want a cup of tea, I use the hot water tap. This will give me approx 0.5 litres straight off, but pressure needs to rebuild slightly after that. I have tried pulling up to 2 litres, and there was a short wait at every 0.5 litres that got a bit prolonged every time.
When brewing shots, I have to "bleed" the machine for approx 0.2 litres (until steam dissapairs and water stream is steady). As a result, I use a lot of water, and the generous 3 litre tank therefore seems somewhat small. Io epso: the machine should be plummed in.
The two pressure gauges seem presice and reliable (have heard others complain). I watched them closely from the beginning, but not so much anymore. They now fill a more estethic need.
I have tried a few different beans, and have to set my grinder accordingly. The Tea however, gives constantly good results.
It seems to me that whenever I want an espresso or a cappa, the Tea is ready to go. I leave it on 18 hours a day (digital timer plugged in).
When friends or family come over, they are all impressed!

Bought it in a place called Cortado, Norway. Good service. Not very cheap though (as with almost anything else in this country).

Posted: January 23, 2008, 4:11am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.190675973892)