Isomac Tea - Jan Normandale's Review
Posted: November 26, 2002, 10:18pm
Isomac Tea & Tea II

Arrow The Isomac Tea has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Tea has been rated 9.09 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Isomac Tea reviews have been viewed 361,318 times (updated hourly).

Peter Bigone 10.00
Jim R. 9.26
James Schulman 9.17
Ton Boom 9.00
Blazej Mrozinski 8.67

Where Bought: Chris Coffee Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: Yes
Bottom Line: I JUST LOVE THIS MACHINE! PS your friends will have espresso machine envy. Don’t you just love that!

It is shiny and chrome-y.

I can see my reflection in the morning ...... oh oh!

Isomac Tea whatta machine!

What about this gleaming stainless steel beauty? I have had pure pleasure from the machine. Remember to follow the instructions. Pay special attention to the note on the group head that this machine is hot. That said one other tip, a large one actually. Turn the machine on for at least 6-7 minutes (longer is even better)  before even pulling off a shot. If the group is not warmed up ie hot, then the shot will not be primo.

What about the hot water and steam wands? Yes they work and they work well. The large black phenolic handles are cool and easy to use. I give the wands a quick clearing blast before using them. This removes condensation and residual water so there is good hot steam.

For those interested Isomac has other models that are classic stainless steel exteriors and look fantastic. You will have to read about those from other users, and everything you read about this machine from others is all true. I just love it!

It was love at  first sight with the Isomac Tea. I saw one in Toronto and it was sold. I was heartbroken but asked when I could get one. The dealer wasn’t too sure if he was going to carry the line so he couldn’t say. For the next 10 months I waited and held my breath as I surfed the web for info on where I could buy one. It was hard to track down anyone in the retail business interested in a “high end machine”.

While surfing one evening Chris Coffee (www.chriscoffee.com) in Albany NY gave me my first direct hit for the machine I needed so desperately ( at this point anyone who understands the obsessiveness of coffee cognoscienti will nod in complete understanding). Click click went the mouse. Shazam ..... the Chris Coffee website showed the Isomac Tea and it’s vital stats. Oh my oh my. There it was in all its stainless steel beauty. What a machine. This is what a Lamborghini must look like to a car collector. I HAD TO HAVE IT.

I wrote to Chris’ directly thru the website. I got an answer that day! Yes he had the machine and it had just come in. He was highly impressed too. The rest is history. I drove from Toronto to Albany 2 days later. Pulled into the company lot in a beautiful suburban office park. Put down my cash and was a happy boy. I still am. That was May this year. Nothing has changed my opinion of the machine nor Chris (Chris you have made a fan with your attentiveness to a customer, from outside the US).

Posted: November 26, 2002, 10:18pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.211829900742)