Isomac Tea - Jeff Rader's Review
Posted: November 12, 2003, 5:27pm
Isomac Tea & Tea II

Arrow The Isomac Tea has 66 Reviews
Arrow The Isomac Tea has been rated 9.09 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Isomac Tea reviews have been viewed 366,883 times (updated hourly).

Peter Bigone 10.00
Jim R. 9.26
James Schulman 9.17
Ton Boom 9.00
Blazej Mrozinski 8.67

Where Bought: Chris Coffee Aesthetics 9
Similar Items Owned: Silvia, Saeco Comfort Plus
Bottom Line: Consistently great espresso, elegant machine and customer service that set the benchmark for the industry.   Never been happier with a coffee-related purchase.

Consistently great espresso
Beautiful craftsmanship
Simple to use
Gauges are very useful

I really have nothing to complain about!

I love great espresso.  I also love to make milk-based espresso drinks.  This machine does both with such consistency it's scary.

In the last 7 years, I've owned a Silvia/Rocky combo, a Saeco Comfort Plus and, finally, a Tea/Mini Mazzer combo.  I also roast my own beans (Espresso Monkey Blend from Sweet Marias).  I'll make a double latte every morning and again in the afternoon on weekends.  The difference between these machines is significant.  I owned a Silvia/Rocky combo for 3 years.  I was able to produce fairly consistent results, but was often discouraged and didn't know what I had done wrong.  To simplify my life and reduce the time it took complete my morning coffe ritual, I purchased a Saeco Comfort Plus.  Very consistent shots that were as good as my average Silvia shots, but never better.  But, it was simple to use and easy to clean.

After a couple fo service issues in the first year with the Saeco and espresso quality that was never reeally great, I decided to move up to a better machine.  After reading many reviews, I narrowed the list and began talking to different vendors.  I was very impressed with the level of customer service and product knowledge from Chris' Coffee.  I ordered the Tea and the Mini Mazzer.  The Tea is a stunning machine.  Very substantial.  Extreemly well crafted.  Most importantly, it is difficult to make a bad shot.  My average shots are consistently better than my best shots with Silvia.  It is simple to reproduce quality espresso with this machine.

A few other points:  The sreaming is better than any machine I've owned - it's easy to get microfoam.  Filling the water tank is also simple - remove the top and pour in the water.  Cleaning is a breeze.

I've now owned this machine for about 8 months.  I've found the gauges to be a very important factor.   I was noticing my shots seemed weaker.  I also noticed the bar pressure had dropped 1.5 bar.  I called Chris and he walked me thru a few diagonistic steps.  We determined the pressure needed to be adjusted.  A few minutes later and the gauge once again read 10.5 bar and the espresso was once again full bodied.  I was also able to determine that the boiler pressure was just a bit high and adjusted that also.  Without the gauges I would not have known how to diagnose the problem.  I will never own an espresso machine without gauges again.  In fact, I don't see ever needing another machine!

Simply fantastic.  Chris is a customer service maniac.  Plus, he and his staff are actually knowledgable about servicing the product - what a concept!  His follow-up is outstanding.  Machines of this quality will from time to time have problems - it's great to know I am dealing with a company that both understands the value of customer service, but also has the expertise to completely service the product when needed.  I'm a customer for life.

Posted: November 12, 2003, 5:27pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.187204837799)