Gaggia Syncrony Logic - Mark Whitehead's Review
Posted: May 8, 2007, 2:03pm
Gaggia Syncrony Logic Super Auto

Arrow The Gaggia Syncrony Logic has 6 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Syncrony Logic has been rated 7.07 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since August 1, 2005.
Arrow Gaggia Syncrony Logic reviews have been viewed 44,527 times (updated hourly).

Aditya Agarwal 8.20
David Johnson 6.00
Mark Whitehead 5.00
Adrian Lind 5.00
Emily E 0.00

Where Bought: ebay Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Estro Profi, Senseo
Bottom Line: Best Super-Automatic for the Money, Just dial it in, and you can pull good shots.

Nice clean lines, looks good in the kitchen in my office, easy to use (once you dial it in), Good steam.

Needs a rinse cycle after every 2 or 3 shot.  The puck doesnt always come out.  Some of it is still in frags in the brew group.  I have found if you hit the middle button (pre-ground), and hit the brew button, it takes care of the frags.

This machine is great for me.  I was used to my old estro profi, and I could never get the shots right.  This machine just needs a little dialing in.  I have found that with a grind on the 8 setting, the doser turned up to +, or 9 grams of coffee, and the dial just a hair above 1oz, I am able to pull a single shot that look like fresh poured Guiness stout.  It is great to see the crema fill the cup like I have always wanted.  I would recommend pulling one shot at a time.  Or hit the brew button twice.  Through trial and error, this is the way to get true shots that beat my local SB hands down.  Be sure to rinse the Brew Group often in cool water.  This way you won't rinse the protective (grease)coating off of the Brew Group.  As far as super-automatics go, I'm sure there are some better than this, but for the price, you can't beat the Syncrony Logic.

Ok, bought it used, so I had to clean it up a little.  You will find that people buy these expensive machines and dont take the time to learn to use them.  Use that to your advantage.

Machine is working flawlessly.  It gets used everyday by about 6 people and has not skipped a beat.  Just take out the brew group and rinse every week and no problems.  The pucks are dense and dry and pop out with little to no residue left in the basket.  We have put a lot of beans through the grinder and it is working great too.  The shots are just right and easy to pull.  Great inexpensive everyday machine...

Posted: May 8, 2007, 2:03pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192104101181)