Gaggia Factory - Kevin .'s Review
Gaggia Factory Lever Machine
Arrow Amazon

Arrow The Gaggia Factory has 10 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Factory has been rated 8.54 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 3, 2003.
Arrow Gaggia Factory reviews have been viewed 63,345 times (updated hourly).

Merle Richard 10.00

Product Reviewed: Gaggia Factory
Manufacturer: La Pavoni Quality: 9
Where Bought: eBay Aesthetics 10
Similar Items Owned: Isomac Grinder
Bottom Line: Classic style, great qulaity machine. Buy one, you wont regret it!

It is hard to go past the looks and build quality of this machine. Classic design, simple materials and quality, quality, quality.

I found it easy to use, after reading the manual and a few inline tips. No problems and very good shots on the first few attempts.

The good shots are some of the best that I have ever had.

Lots and lots of steaming power and multiple shots are no problem.

Simple to use, there are only a few parts to this machine.

I read a lot of reviews about this machine and the La Pavonis and I agree with the common complaints but they dont really concern me. Dont let them put you off buying this machine!

The boiler does get very hot. Unless you are planning on putting the machine away (into a cupboard, etc.) after you use it, this is not an issue.

The tamper that is supplied does not fit, but is useful if a bit clumsy. I have no idea why it would be included with the machine, but I guess something is better than nothing. Go out and buy a new one and throw the other away!

The pressure guage is at a perfect level if you are 4 foot tall (and under). This is not a huge problem as once the machine is up to pressure you dont need to look at the guage again.

I have always wanted a lever machine and once I researched them, I decided that I still wanted one. I like the idea of no moving parts and a very simple mechanism.

Dont be put off by the complaints that you read - I almost was and am glad that I bought the machine.

Classic design and extremely good build quality, this machine is pleasing to look at and a pleasure to use.

I had very good quality shots on the first day that I owned it and the quality has been getting better. If you drink "long blacks" it is a bit of a difficult thing to do and something that I have not yet mastered. I took a tip off of a La Pavoni review and so far the most successful way is to pull a shot and then add hot water from a

I bought as a new machine with a factory warranty on eBay Australia. Delivery was quick and I havent had any problems.

Posted: February 12, 2004, 3:27pm
Oy, Don't Forget the Tea
Because not everyone drinks coffee.  Organic, English Breakfast tea, as low as $16/lb.
www.coffeeproject.com
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189462900162)