Gaggia Factory - David Kidd's Review
Posted: July 23, 2005, 7:56am
Gaggia Factory Lever Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Factory has 10 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Factory has been rated 8.54 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since February 3, 2003.
Arrow Gaggia Factory reviews have been viewed 62,740 times (updated hourly).

Merle Richard 10.00

Product Reviewed: G106
Where Bought: Ebay Aesthetics 9
Owned for: 2 weeks Overall 8
Similar Items Owned: Gaggia Classic
Bottom Line: Do not buy this machine if its your first go at coffee....if you own an automatic machine, consider moving up.......Gaggia beats all oithers for me!

Looks a million dollars in any kitchen......

Moves to easily when pulling levers unless you grip and hold it steady by the basket lever

I have used a Classic for 2 years now and thoroughly enjoyed using it. I always wanted to get closer to the perfect coffee and thought a classic style lever machine would do that. I already roast my own beans and so, this is a natural progression.
Allowing for the fact that it always takes time to learn how to get the best out of any new piece of kit..........I am quite happy but still need to perfect the proccess. I have adjusted the grind on my burr grinder to a finer setting which this machine definitely needs. It heats up to pressure from cold with a full tank in 8 minutes which I find very acceptable. I tend to turn the machine off unless i know it is going to be needed again so overheating has not been a problem.
I am having trouble achieving good crema but am sure that will sort itself out in time. I am trying to find out how to adjust the boiler temperature so if any kind person can help.......
IAfter two weeks, I am not 100% but am happy to realise that the shortcomings are my own and not the amchines as you cannot alter history and just what these lever machines represent.

Bought from Ebay in the UK and was more than half price. Item was brand new and boxed with warranties so for a small sum I have extended these and have 5 yars of full cover now.

Posted: July 23, 2005, 7:56am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.200070142746)