Gaggia Baby Twin - Trevor Balls's Review
Gaggia Baby Twin Espresso
Arrow EspressoOutlet.net

Arrow The Gaggia Baby Twin has 18 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Baby Twin has been rated 6.13 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow This product has been in our review database since June 29, 2007.
Arrow Gaggia Baby Twin reviews have been viewed 192,587 times (updated hourly).

Bear Lemley 10.00
P-J De Boer 9.00
Michael Smith 8.60
Aaron Walls 8.25
Jaap Bruinsma 7.67

Where Bought: CoffeeItalia Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: I will stay away from Gaggia when I purchase my new machine they will not be on my enquiry list.

Makes good Expresso but contaminates milk whilst frothing.

Very unreliable , machine has broken down 3 times in 2 years with extensive waiting times for spares in between failures.

I purchased the Gaggia Baby Twin on a deal whereby it included a base stand and Coffee Grinder all for $380 I thought thia was an extremely good deal.
But unbeknown to me I was not aware of how unreliable this machine was.   My first breakdown took 3 months to fix on warranty but I had to pay 35 before Gaggia UK would look at it as I bought the Machine over the Internet from a Italian Supplier.    They replaced the PCB / CP as a coil had burnt out.
6 months later after using the machine the Coil on the Boiler Fill Solenoid valve failed this had taken me nearly 4 months to get a replacement in the end I had to purchase it from the USA as Gaggia sold out to Phillips and their handling of spares for Gaggia Machines was none existant.  I had one phone call over this period after Phillips farmed out this problem to a contract company but they do not answer phone calls or emails, I also tried to contact CEME in Italy the people who make the coils but this was in vain.
Only last month I now have failure on the PCB and trying to find a replacement board , I will end up scrapping this machine.

No problems buying the machine but after sale service is none existant.

Posted: November 20, 2009, 2:39am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.185697078705)