Gaggia Coffee - Scott's Review
Posted: February 12, 2000, 1:11am
Gaggia Coffee Espresso Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has 30 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Coffee has been rated 8.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Coffee reviews have been viewed 200,617 times (updated hourly).

Russ Sahagian 9.50
Tim Eggers 9.00
Thomas Gauperaa 7.84
Antony Prince 7.80
John Bair 7.75

Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Aficionado Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Great, love it.  My drip is in the closet...finally.   Bello caffè

Solid, heats up quickly, warming tray/top (good to keep the espresso hot while making the steamed milk) .  Top of the line porto filter. Resovoir is large and easy to refill anyway.

Steam drops off too quickly, however, let it stand for 3 minutes, and a marked improvement.  Filter handle (Plastic) seems like I will be getting in touch with Gaggia in a year for a replacement.  The steam wand should be a little further away from the body of the machine. It does drip from the wand also. Not too bad though. That is the nature of the "lower end machines". Tamper is too small. You/I will buy another.

Good, very good.  A better grinder than the Barista/Solis would have a marked improvement on the espresso quality.  I had pete‘s coffee grind some for me (that is where I purchased it) and it showed the true ability of the Coffee by Gaggia. Great espresso, and my milk foams great too. Fast an powerful.  Heats up in five minutes, but wait 10 and it all works better, from espresso to milk frothing.  I go to Italy quite a bit, and after every trip I say, "I have to get an espresso machine.  Well, after 5 years and 8 trips, I did it.  Cappuchino for two every morning.
La vita è bello

Posted: February 12, 2000, 1:11am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.315034151077)