Gaggia Classic - John Dodson's Review
Gaggia Classic Machine
Arrow EspressoOutlet.net

Arrow The Gaggia Classic has 78 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Classic has been rated 8.03 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Classic reviews have been viewed 640,976 times (updated hourly).

A C C 9.00
Daryl Cross 9.00
John Anderson 8.85
Peter Buchta 8.00
Dan Pohl 8.00

Where Bought: Whittard Aesthetics 9
Bottom Line: Good machine, easy to use, which makes excellent espresso, even for a beginner.

For a newby this machine is brilliant.  Easy to use but producing great espresso.

Nothing significant.

I love coffee but never planned to buy an espresso macihne.  My wife bought it for my 60th.  Just before, she mentioned getting one for me and I said 'no' 'cos I thought she might get a nespresso or some such.  She'd already bought the Gaggia Classic (she bought me 60 presents - I guess she thought she had nothing to lose - but this was the best, though the guitar ran a close second).  It is superb.  Far better espresso than local cafes.  Easy to use but consistantly good coffee.  I've become a coffee geek!!

I've only made espresso and never tried the steamer because capuccino is not my thing but I'm going to experiment because others seem to think it's the thing to go for.

I didn't really get involved in that but the local (ish) Gaggia outlet is pretty impressive for accessories.

This continues to perform well.  In fact expressos have got better, probably because my technique has improved.

Actually 2.5 years.  Still use it every day and it still performs perfectly.  I've used the steamer (for guests) and it works fine but as it's not my thing I can't really comment on how it compares.

I've added a knock out box and I'd recommend it.  I suspect it's less likely to damage the filter holder.

Posted: February 3, 2008, 12:08pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.191956043243)