Gaggia Classic - Al Raden's Review
Posted: November 21, 2000, 8:32am
Gaggia Classic Machine

Arrow The Gaggia Classic has 78 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Classic has been rated 8.03 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Classic reviews have been viewed 638,052 times (updated hourly).

Daryl Cross 9.00
John Anderson 8.85
Patrick Sloane 8.00
Connor McClellan 8.00
Dan Pohl 8.00

Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Beginner Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: Great product for producing quality espresso

Consistently makes very good espresso.  Looks great - sturdy, serious.  Easy to clean.

Short Steaming Wand
Cheap plastic tamper

After reviewing many of the products on this site and others, I decided to get the Gaggia Classic.  Got a great price from Best of Italy.  Prior to this, my only espresso machine was a Krups Bravo.  I was frustrated that the espresso it made tasted nothing like what I got from a good restaurant.  As a beginner, I was concerned that the Classic would be overwhelming, but it was easy to set up and learn.  It took me about a week to get the grind, tamp and timing correct, but now I can make consistently good espresso.  My wife is now hooked on cappucinos, and the Classic does a great job of steaming and frothing milk.  Wish the wand were a bit longer though.
The Classic was a big step up from my prior machine, but I am glad I went for it.  It would have been easy to take small incremental steps, and ended up spending a lot more money.

Posted: November 21, 2000, 8:32am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.189296007156)