Gaggia Classic - Paul Abbott's Review
Gaggia Classic Machine
Arrow EspressoOutlet.net

Arrow The Gaggia Classic has 78 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Classic has been rated 8.03 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Classic reviews have been viewed 640,793 times (updated hourly).

Daryl Cross 9.00
John Anderson 8.85
Patrick Sloane 8.00
Connor McClellan 8.00
Dan Pohl 8.00

Where Bought: Target.com Aesthetics 7
Bottom Line: Good espresso - bad foam.

Good esspresso.  I like the looks of the machine. It seems to be well made of heavy duty materials.

Lack of power when foaming milk.  Basically the foamer doesn't work.

I have made esspresso for years with inexpensive pump machines. My last one was a Krups. It just wore out, started leaking all over the place after about 10 years. For a replacement I searched for "the best esspresso machine" via internet and decided on the Gaggia Classic. The esspresso is good I think. I am getting "tail of the mouse" shots in 14 to 24 seconds.

My problem is the steamer. I took off the black plastice thing and just used the short metal tube to steam but the machine runs out of power before I can get a small pitcher of milk steamed. I have to turn off the steam and stand around to let more build up in order to finish the steaming process.  I've tried it about 5 times now always with the same result. I also tried with the black plastic attachment but it makes the foam too frothy. I couldn't get that dense creamy foam.

I sent an email to the company re the above through their website about a month ago but no response. Possibly I needed to correspond in Italian.

Now I'm considering buying another cheap steam machine just to steam milk but I don't want all the gadgets on my counter.

If I were to do it over again I would pay the extra for a machine with a dual boiler.

I ordered, I paid, I got the machine.

Posted: November 2, 2007, 6:34pm
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.196062088013)