Gaggia Classic - Dave Edwards's Review
Gaggia Classic Machine
Arrow EspressoOutlet.net

Arrow The Gaggia Classic has 78 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Classic has been rated 8.03 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Classic reviews have been viewed 640,931 times (updated hourly).

A C C 9.00
Daryl Cross 9.00
John Anderson 8.85
Peter Buchta 8.00
Dan Pohl 8.00

Where Bought: Harrods Aesthetics 8
Bottom Line: Good solid machine that makes great coffee and will last for ever at a justifiable price.

Makes great espresso and capuccinos!
It seems like it will last a long long time!
Looks good - understated and easy to clean
Brewhead and basket is of good quality
I've had it for several years now in a hard water area and it works as well as it did on day 1 - nothing broken or faulty

I was slightly disappointed by the plastic parts which seem a bit cheap, also the overflow pipe doesn't quite align with the hole made for it in the drip tray which is a bit suprising.

This is my first espresso and only machine and I have to say it's very easy to use, easy to clean and requires very little maintenance.  There are some things you buy in life that you look back on and think - good decision, i'm so glad i bought that and this it in my top 3!
It is uncomplicated, has an understated quality look and feels solid.
It's also the right price for a serious coffee lover like me - the better models with brass boilers were just too expensive to justify and I am happy with my decision.
The brewhead is substantial, weighty and hasn't chipped or got damaged.
I give it a full clean and descale every 6 months (i live in a very hard water area) and that's it.

I looked at reviews on CoffeeGeek which seems the most reputable and trustworthy source for educated coffee-related reviews  and chose my machine and grinder based on reviews and price.  I bought both in the Harrods Sale after Christmas a few years ago because it was a good price and a reputable shop!

Posted: April 5, 2009, 9:42am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.186449050903)