Gaggia Baby - All - Jim Cummer's Review
Posted: February 13, 2000, 9:54am
Gaggia Baby Espresso Models

Arrow The Gaggia Baby - All has 27 Reviews
Arrow The Gaggia Baby - All has been rated 7.17 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Gaggia Baby - All reviews have been viewed 187,231 times (updated hourly).

Nadav Caine 9.33
Patrick Sloane 9.20
Andrew King 8.50
Brad Franks 8.00
Jesse Robinson 7.11

Previous Review
Where Bought: Aesthetics 8
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: n/a
Bottom Line: For $300, your espresso problems are over.

Built rock solid; all the features of the Classic without the metal skin...and a $100 less.  Self priming pump, dripless (for the most part), brass boiler; wonderful shots and great steaming features.  Heavy duty, almost pro-like coffee filter holder lets you know you've upgraded to a serious level.

Horrible instruction manual.  Perhaps they should consult some grade school English students for basic, how-to instructions.  Parts are not clearly identified, componding the instruction manual woes. There is a  six minute or so warm-up time, but that is offset by the self-priming pump feature.  After drawing coffee shots, simply pressing the steam button (and waiting less than 15 seconds) unleashes a torrent of hot water.  Finally, the horrible name.  I'm 46!  What am I doing with a Baby in the kitchen?

This is my third espresso machine, the first being a Delonghi, the second a Krups.  Both were purchased after cursory flirting with making my own shots at home.  The Delonghi simply quit one day, the Krups blew a switch 5 days after the warranty expired.  I was ready to move up.  After monitoring the coffee newsgroups for a month or two,  I narrowed down my search to the Gaggia line.  Finding wonderful product information and comparisons at Whole Latte Love, I was able to determin the only difference between the Classic and Baby (see positive product features).  After a brief e-mail exchange with Gary from WLL, I ordered the Baby.  Upon arrival, after set-up and perusal of the so-called instructions manual, I primed her up and began tesing shots.  From the first trickle I knew I had made the right decision...and that first shot was great.
Easy to use, easy to maintain, easy to steam, and  looks nice, too.

Previous Review
Posted: February 13, 2000, 9:54am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.180621147156)