Francis Francis X1 - Robert Bloom's Review
Posted: December 14, 2007, 8:06am
Francis Francis X1

Arrow The Francis Francis X1 has 43 Reviews
Arrow The Francis Francis X1 has been rated 7.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Francis Francis X1 reviews have been viewed 247,493 times (updated hourly).

Scott Smith 8.75
Patrick Moss 8.00
Josh Alwitt 8.00
Steve Strawman 8.00
Phil M 7.60

Manufacturer: Francis! Francis! Quality: 1
Where Bought: Comet Aesthetics 1
Bottom Line: 25 coffee in a 400 machine.  Or, for U.S. readers, $50 coffee in an $800 machine.

Looks great.  Beautifully built.

Makes very weak espresso.  Much worse than that of my Krups machine, which cost 75% less.

1.  The quality of the coffee is NOT GOOD.  It does not make a proper espresso.  The coffee is thin, lacking in "crema", and nothing changes that.  I use Illy espresso, a well established premium brand.  I've tried using more coffee, different coffee, and tamping it much harder.
  2.  After repeated phone calls, I was able to get the machine tested.  They returned it to me saying something that sounded like the O-ring and motherboard (?) were replaced.  The quality of the coffee remained the same - THIN and NOT GOOD.
  3.  After 5 more phone calls (the first 4 unreturned), they have refused to either refund my money or provide me with a new machine.

Verdict - either Francis Francis makes bad espresso machine, or I was sold a "lemon" and have no recourse.

Extremely disappointing.

Posted: December 14, 2007, 8:06am
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.193166971207)