Francis Francis X1 - Eric Kraal's Review
Posted: July 11, 2002, 2:33am
Francis Francis X1

Arrow The Francis Francis X1 has 43 Reviews
Arrow The Francis Francis X1 has been rated 7.20 overall by our member reviewers
Arrow Francis Francis X1 reviews have been viewed 240,890 times (updated hourly).

Scott Smith 8.75
Patrick Moss 8.00
Josh Alwitt 8.00
Steve Strawman 8.00
Phil M 7.60

Manufacturer: Francis! Francis! Quality: 4
Where Bought: Netherlands Aesthetics 10
Writer's Expertise: Intermediate Would Buy Again: No
Bottom Line: If you like good espresso... DON'T bye the francis francis.

I sure love the looks of this baby. It's sleek design and greet colors really appeal to me.

But the looks is about the only positive thing with this machine. Bad steam power. I had to return mine twice due to a thermostat problem (temperatures went way above 100 degrees c.). After two years the interior is rusted!. I dislike the flowrate and lack of pressure when using ground coffee. I works slightly better with e.s.e. pods.

If you are all about looks... please bye this one....
If you like a decent espresso or cappucino .... leave this one alone.

After two years the machine was rusting inside. I don't think this should happen. According to my espresso machine repair guy the interior components (forgive my english) are of a not so good quality.

You can get a far better machine for your money than this one.
(Get a Rancilio Sylvia for instance).

My next machine is going to be a choice between a Rancilio or a E61 group machine..... again the francis is waisted money.

My wife and myself like the design... and just bought it

Posted: July 11, 2002, 2:33am
Gourmet Organic Coffee
Temblor is a smooth high-grown Guatemalan coffee that presents notes of spice and chocolate.
thelostgringo.com
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (9.49049091339)